Thanksgiving. The holiday that brings family together to gather around food. The food is usually very meat-heavy: chicken, turkey, and ham. That’s three different types of animals! Cows aren’t excluded, don’t forget about that macaroni, a staple in the black family for Thanksgiving. So where […]
Month: November 2017
Ultimate DIY Flu Shot, No Needles Required Nature has been curing the illnesses of humanity for centuries. This is a drink to boost your immune system and fight off cold and flu bacteria.The natural ingredients do the job of protecting the body from illness and […]
Wal-Mart allows you to DIY when ringing up
Weeks ago we talked about What it looks like to be Vegan on WIC, which included an example picture of the food that can be bought at Wal-Mart. When I went to Wal-Mart, I was utterly shocked. The store had a complete makeover. I’m not talking about the increase in vegan items in the store like The Complete Cookie, Vegan Mayo, and more.
Wal-Mart has recently had a tech-upgrade and enabled a new system for customers to self-register products at the store. What does this mean? You can ring your products up on your phone and pay through mobile also.
Wal-Mart’s new Scan and Go process allowed me to leave the store sooner than expected. There was no long lines. Yes people, I repeat, there were no long lines! I was shocked when I walked into the store.
The store had a complete makeover.
The shopping carts are with the Scan and Go equipment holders. There are shopping bag hooks on the bottom of the cart for the blue reuseable shopping cart bags.
There’s a very huge “thing” near the checkout for Wal-Mart pickup. It looked like a huge cylinder alien’s nest that covered large portion of the store. I was too tech-shocked to even approach it but it looked amazing,and expensive.
Here’s how the scan and go works. You download the scan and go app on Apple or Android. Then, go grocery shopping as usual. Scan each item as you add it to your cart. When done, pay using a card on your phone. Finally head on over to an associate in a yellow vest at front of the store. They will scan your phone and that’s it!
Veggies can be weighed at the scan and go station. If you would rather not put your card information in your phone, you can pay at the scan and go station as well. The scan and go station consist of special registers that allow the customer to skip the checkout line.
One of the most favorable aspects of the retail company is its adaptability in today’s fast-paced technological climate. Though, the basis of Wal-Mart complaints still persist: nasty bathrooms, sometimes unhelpful staff, and unfriendly environment. This is most-likely due to its failure to meet its employees needs of fair wages and decent hours. Nonetheless, I left Wal-Mart with self-bagged items and though I couldn’t find anyone to “approve” the checkout, I left with a smile. A smile that was happy just to skip the long frustrating lines.
Not only has the chain store’s technology been updated, but the food has seen some plant-based love. Yes, I’m speaking of the yummy vegan options at Wal-Mart!
Current Scan and Go locations:
For people located in the following areas, Scan and Go is already in place:
– 4208 Pleasant Crossing Blvd, Rogers, AR 72758 (Store #5260)
– 11930 Narcoossee Road, Orlando, FL 32832 (Store #4365)
– 2795 Chastain Meadows Pkwy, Marietta, GA 30066 (Store #937)
– 1550 Nashville Rd, Franklin, KY 42134 (Store #282)
– 120 Sam Walton Dr, Russelville, KY 42276 (Store #736)
– 915 N Chancery St, Mcminnville, TN 37110 (Store #668)
– 225 Wilkinson Ln, White House, TN 37188 (Store #4483)
– 1626 Highway 12 S, Ashland City, TN 37015 (Store #1226)
– 2315 Madison St, Clarsville, TN 37043 (Store #3495)
– 5824 Nolensville Pike, Nashville, TN 37211 (Store #688)
– 4424 Lebanon Pike, Hermitage, TN 37076 (Store #710)
– 2675 Decherd Blvd., Winchester, TN 37398 (Store #735)
– 1334 No. Ellington P, Lewisburg, TN 37091 (Store #737)
– 25800 Kuykendahl Rd, Tomball, TX 77375 (Store #351)
– 1200 N Highway 77, Waxahachie, TX 75165 (Store #260)
– 601 NO. FM 1821, Mineral Wells, TX 76067 (Store #804)
– 1836 S Main St, Weatherford, TX 76086 (Store #963)
– 9500 Clifford St, Fort Worth, TX 76108 (Store #3773)
– 300 Kings Fort Parkway, Kaufman, TX 75142 (Store #4164)
– 2041 N Redbud Blvd, McKinney, TX 75069 (Store #206)
– 1800 Lawrence St, Gainesville, TX 76240 (Store #185)
– 1750 S Broadway St, Sulphur Springs, TX 75482 (Store #417)
– 7401 Interstate Highway 30, Greenville, TX 75402 (Store #427)
– 2750 W University Dr, Denton, TX 76201 (Store #4627)
Nashville’s Gardens of Babylon For those of us in Nashville wishing to go to the Museum of Ice Cream, where many celebs go to take the best photos ever, we are still in luck. There’s a spot right off of Jefferson Street that is aesthetically […]
Vegans CAN Shop Wal-Mart Frugal people will most-likely always find their way to Wal-Mart. It is the store of good, cheap goods. See a list of vegan finds starting with the basis of the plant-based diet. Of course, it is vital to mention that the first […]